Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Growing Season Winding Down

Well, I do believe this is the end of the road for the tomatoes.  Blight has taken its toll and has already claimed two plants.  The cherry tomato plant is done bearing and the other beef tomatoes only have a couple on each.  However they always surprise me with their resilience and have now produced another half dozen!

The eggplants on the other hand, are in overdrive.  Well over two dozen in the last week!  I have personally only had eggplant once and loved it.  I have no stinking idea how we eat all of these without turning purple, but, we will figure it out.  We always do.

The peppers are beginning to produce for the third time and the carrots are now fattening up and getting more delicious by the day.

I am just hoping that I did not plant my second crop of beans too late.  They have yet to blossom and I fear the frost will take them before then.

Oh well, that's the way it goes in the novice garden.  Everything is just about learning.  Actually getting produce is a nice bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment