Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Uke Me


I often feel I need to conquer as much as I can in this life. I will try something even if I end up being terrible at it, at least I can say I got the experience. My talents fall more toward the arts than music, but I'm told I got a decent singing voice and used to sing in a band and I used to play flute in grade school. But I always wanted to play something that could accompany my voice and I could take out around a campfire.

I tried guitar for a while but it never really captured me. I have often picked up the ukulele at the local music store and liked the size, the fact that it only had four strings and that it was very portable. It is also hunting season (as you may know from Jake's previous post) and I have been spending many nights alone (with a freezer full of deer and pheasant meat - but I am NOT complaining) and I can only knit and sew so much until my hands feel like they are going to fall off, so a new project is in order.

So...I bought a ukulele.

I found a really nice Kala that sounds fantastic and at $50 on Amazon, I figured it was a good price and fit into my budget. I was going to buy something cheaper but after looking at some of the ukes in the $20 to $30 range, the reviews from beginning players were not so good. I wanted a uke that would encourage me to learn, not a uke that would give me a lot of frustrations and end up collecting dust, so I opted for the more expensive one. I guess you get what you pay for.

Also, after doing some research, I came across Ukulele Underground. an online community of a new breed of uke players. This site will be my uke bible with all the video tutorials, forums and groups (I will be joining the Midwest group).

So wish me luck with yet another hobby, but music is always a great asset to life! Does anyone else play an instrument? Or have you always wanted to learn to play and instument, what is it?

2 comments:

  1. Incredible tale about this content material as well as I'm certain most recent lad for this really occupation utilizing displaying often the wonderful content articles. Devices follow-up check cashing spring-valley Many thanks a great deal with regards to good guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful web site content about its theme. For a nice and of late as part of your web site once or twice currently. I merely planned to declare hello there along with demonstrate our cheers to the data cheers. Currently click this best bathroom remodeling brooklyn Cheers pertaining to wonderful data.

    ReplyDelete