Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

My first skein of yarn


I am so proud! I made this superwash merino skein from a beginning spinning kit I got off Etsy. The whole process went rather smoothly, it took me a bit to get the tension and spin right with the drop spindle. This yarn turned out kind of bulky, and I love it.

My only fault was that when I was dying the yarn in the microwave, I melted the plastic container and some of the plastic wrap that the directions told me to use to set the dye into the fiber. So I had to pick out bits of melted plastic out of my yarn! Faulty directions or user error? I am going to have to research some different dying methods.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos Dee. It looks like legit yard that you would buy in a store, and was probably way cheaper. Well done.

    ReplyDelete