Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Days


Lately our days have been spent nurturing Simplestead Baby, and we wouldn't want it any other way. She is 3 and a half months now. I know how everyone says "enjoy it, it goes fast", it really does, but in a good way. We love that every day our baby girl is growing and discovering new things about herself and surroundings. 

I am truly blessed that I am able to be our baby's primary caretaker, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We simplified many things in our lives in order for me to be a stay at home Mom. I know it is not for everyone and I know not every mother has the ability to stay home, but this is what works for us. I sometimes feel there is animosity between stay at home moms and working moms. I think neither one is easier or harder than the other. No matter how you slice it, being a Mom is an important and at times difficult job. There are pros and cons to staying at home or working. I say do whatever works best for your family and situation and we should all respect each others as MOTHERS.

During the day, I try to slow down and enjoy my baby, knitting helps me do this. When she goes down for a nap, I will often sit near her and watch her sleep while on work on a knitting project. It keeps me balanced, besides, I would rather make something than fold laundry. I also can't stop knitting her stuff (can ya tell). I keep finding the cutest patterns and add it to my knit list (which is a mile long now). I promised my poor husband a sweater for his birthday and I am not even half done with it. Good thing he wouldn't wear it until Fall anyway so I was able to push back my deadline.

Anyway, enough about knitting, back to about being a Mommy. I really feel in my element as a mother. Our baby has just begun to teach us what really matters. How no matter what you are worried about or how rough the day is going, that little smile can make it all melt away. We are her world, and I am so glad she chose us to guide her through her life journey. 

Let's see, what else.... ah yes, the garden! Everything is pretty much planted. We have two plots this year, one being the community garden plot and the other a plot by my in-laws. We had a dry spell but then we had a few good soakings and more coming up this weekend. We have also been experimenting with container gardening in front of the condo. So far it is going well, we get more morning sun than we initially thought. We've got two big pots of mixed greens, chives, lavender and rosemary. I may add parsley and basil. We figure if we can grow it, it is one less thing to buy. 

We hope everyone is having an awesome Summer! Hit up those Farmer's Markets or go grow a garden or something. Get OUTSIDE and enjoy your mate, enjoy your family. In Wisconsin we drink beer and eat brats, it's a great bonding experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment