Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Love Flea Markets


 I love flea markets, especially during Fall. There is nothing like waking up super early to feel the crisp Autumn air against your skin and taking a drive out to the country and looking for treasure. There is just something incredibly intoxicating about the smell of falling leaves and antiques that makes me swoon. I am also very lucky to have a family that also lives for flea markets. It's a great way to spend a Sunday together.

I was also particularly fond of this flea market because my in-laws bought me the spinning wheel of my dreams! It's a Norwegian castle style wheel and it works wonderful. The only thing I have to do is replace the drive band (easy fix). Otherwise it is smooth and sturdy. I prefer the castle style wheels because they are more compact and I can spin anywhere in my house. I also have a love of vintage linens and antique furniture. They just don't make things like they used to. We see all these items that have outlasted many of its owners. You can really see the craftsmanship and the reliability of things at a flea market.

Want to find a flea market near you? Browse your local newspaper or do an internet search. Also check out Find Flea Market for listings by state.

No comments:

Post a Comment