Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Current Makings

Oh, how I love the Fall frenzy of making. The cold crisp air really gets me in the mood to make a bunch of cozy knitted items for the family and thanks to Ravelry, I have access to any pattern I could imagine.



I dabbled with felting to make Simplestead Baby a pair of warm snugly boots for winter.See Ravelry notes here. I am new to sock/shoe construction and to reading the patterns. After a few failed attempts and a few cuss words, I got the hang of it. The end result was not perfect but it didn't matter because the felting process concealed any mistakes in my knitting. The end result is perfect and will keep those little toes warm all Winter.



This infinity scarf knit from a handspun mohair wool blend yarn I scored from a local fiber farm is for ME. The sheen on this piece is amazing and the color is so complex. The fiber was a little itchy at first but after a little wear, the fibers relaxed a bit (or I tricked myself into dealing with the itch because I love this yarn sooo much). The scarf is long enough that I can wrap it around my neck three times for that super bulky cowl look.

I am also getting a little more confident in my knitting abilities. I just finished a project that required me to read a fairly complicated chart to create a beautiful cable pattern and I after an epic sweater fail (didn't do a test swatch to check my knitting gauge - rookie mistake), I am making a cozy pullover for the cold days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment