Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hay There!


I think we finally solved our hay problem. The rabbits recited in our kitchen, they are full time house bunnies. Every day we provide them with the gracious amount of hay to round out their diet. The problem is most of it ends up on my floor, which would be fine if it was a barn, but this is my kitchen. Sweeping up this hay multiple times a day has been driving me nuts. 

We were recently at Tractor Supply and I came across a hay bag for horses in the tack section. Hmmm... I wondered if they  made these for rabbits. I found this cute Etsy shop RubyandEthel that makes colorful fabric hay bags for guinea pigs. Turns out they also work for Angoras, the amount of hay on my floor has decreased significantly.



I just ordered a third bag for our newest addition to the Simplestead, a German Angora from Urban Abode Angoras. We get her later this week. She will take our fiber production to the next level and will give us a new color to work with.

We hope our readers are doing well! We haven't blogged in awhile, the "farm" and Simplestead Baby have been keeping us busy, can you believe Simplestead Baby is one year old already?


No comments:

Post a Comment