Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Gardening at Home







"Life is too short not to surround yourself with beautiful things" - Unkown

I've learned to love and embrace our little run down condo as home. I am lucky to have space in front and in back of our unit to create pretty spaces. Most of the perennials that I planted in front last season have returned. The lilac bush that we planted from cuttings is now three years old and is really starting to flourish, I may see flowers on it next year. I panted Sweetgrass last fall but I'm not sure if it survived the harsh winter. 

My father-n-law gave us some beautiful fieldstone for a natural border, I think it really ties the garden together. The stone compliments the plants and my metal garden sculptures.

I also have big plans for our back patio. We have a large tree that acts as a natural awning over the patio which means that I am limited to planting shade and partial shade plants. After doing some research I found that many herbs can grow in partial shade including oregano and lemon balm, so I will try those back there and see how they do.


1 comment:

  1. Appreciate it lots considerably you may have spread that facts are useful. I am thus over joined to plod through this article. Love a whole bunch you have spread that facts are advantageous. The small business is usually and for that reason information to recognize this post. Here press in this article best kitchen renovation Love fully.

    ReplyDelete